The First Baptist Church is seeking qualified candidate for
Offering competitive hourly rate and benefits.
Full Time position
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday & Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Thursday 1:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. and Sunday 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. (1 hr. unpaid lunch)
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability necessary for mobility to walk and stand for prolong periods of time; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, climb, reach and twist; regularly push, pull, lift and/or carry light to moderately heavy objects and occasionally objects up to 50 pounds; requires a sense of touch, finger dexterity, and gripping with hands and fingers; ability to operate electric hand tools.
• Have at least 1 year of janitorial experience
• Have at least 1 year of maintenance experience
• Have experience supervising the work of others
• Have a comfort with the following: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, environmental safety, painting, carpentry, gardening/landscaping, general handiwork and custodial work
• Be friendly and outgoing with excellent communication skills
• Valid CA driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Have a great attention to detail
• Be in good physical condition with the ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds and use a variety of equipment
Roles and Responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
As part of the Facilities Team, responsible for day-to-day custodial support of on-campus ministry and events; assist in house-keeping and maintenance of church buildings, grounds, rooms, resources and supplies, and the ability to relate to a diverse group of people
Event set-up and Campus support:
• 1. Assist with opening procedures in the morning and/or closing procedures in the evening, depending on schedule.
• 2. Hands-on support for set-up and tear-down of furniture and resources for events.
• 3. Assist in placing signage and supporting coordination for events.
• 4. On-call custodial support as needed during events and emergencies.
• 5. Assist in coordination and upkeep of furniture and resources for events.
• 1. Assist with basic plumbing, lighting, landscape and other minor maintenance and repairs.
• 2. Refilling of paper stock and soap in restrooms and kitchen areas. Trash removal.
• 3. Spot-cleaning as needed during the day, including spills, vacuuming, litter, etc.
• 4. Assist in inspecting and reporting maintenance and repair issues to Office Administrator
• 5. Assist with supplies inventory and replacement.
To be considered for position please submit Job Application and provide Supplemental Sheet of Experience on items 1 through 5 for both Event Set-up and Campus support and Campus up-keep. Application may be emailed to email@example.com, mailed to 51 W. Olive Ave., Redlands, CA 92373 or faxed to 909-335-1589.
Employment decisions at First Baptist Church of Redlands are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age (as protected by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act), physical/mental disabilities (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. This commitment to equal treatment applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to: selection, training, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, performance evaluation, administration of personnel policies, discipline, and discharge. All applicants are extended an equal opportunity to gain employment, and all employees are extended an equal opportunity to progress in their fields of endeavor.